Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Free-form Finale

Hi everyone,
Today I'm going to finish this project by doing the lid of my pill bottle. I start with pink making a circle. First six single crochets in a magic circle then a round of doubles increasing in each stitch except I stopped short of finishing the round of doubles. Chained ten did a double crochet circle at the end then slip stitch back down and did 3 more doubles before I ran out of pink. As you can see I fastened off in mid-air because I knew I'd be working over the tail later.



Now a little scrap of the light green left over and just doodling around.


Then back to red, which I had the most of. When you want your work to "turn down", crochet in the back loop only and vice versa. I did another curly and finished off with an edging of 1 single crochet, chain 3 and single crochet again in the same stitch.

















A funny thing happened that I had forgotten about. I was embarrassed at first at how ugly this thing looked, but it turned into something pretty somehow and that's always the surprise of free-form.
I hope you have enjoyed this project and would LOVE to see your photos or hear your comments on your free- form projects.

Crochet Every Single Day,
Boo