Monday, November 11, 2013

Fancy Mesh Jiffy Scarf

Hi everyone,

The following photo was, well let's just say requested by my mother to show you that the free-form crochet project from earlier post is much bigger than I made it look in photos taken at that time.



So much for old business.

Now onto the scarf named in the title of this post. I had three balls of this bamboo SENSO thread by DMC.



Thinking that I've had it for over a year, so I should use it, I thought I could make a couple of quick scarfs. Well, was I surprised! Each ball has 100 yards and is size 3 crochet thread. I started with 34 chains and a G hook (packaging recommended a C hook). This is 100 yards worked in open mesh.



So the scarf can only be three feet long if I use all three balls! So before I frog it all and start again with only 28 chains, here are a couple of close-ups of the stitch viewed from both directions.








Some projects just don't work out as planned. My Mother says that you really get your money's worth out of yarn depending on how many times you get to use it before you wear it out. Crochet, frog, repeat until just before it gets too frazzled to be of any use for any project! Her glass is ALWAYS half full.

Frogging time for me. See you tomorrow.

Crochet Every Single Day,
Boo