Sunday, November 10, 2013

Crossover Slippers

Hi everyone,

My mom finally got to see the free-form covered pill bottle and just about demanded that I show it again with some reference to size. She said the blog photos made it look too small. That was tonight at dinner, so tomorrow when there is good light, I'll show it again.

Today I have been working on a pair of crossover slippers. On Ravelry the pattern is HERE as baby booties. Seems like I have seen it elsewhere as adult slippers, but I can't find it now and the one on Ravelry allows for sizing.

I'm working with Homespun yarn and a size K hook. I chained 47 to begin the widest part. In the photo below is the finished slipper on my foot with a regular shoe beside. I wear a 7-71/2 shoe.












The calculations are easy and described in the pattern. Here is the beginning of second slipper.






Mine turned out a little too loose around the top. I haven't decided to use a button ( the easiest way) or do a crab stitch around. Thank you for stopping by today.

Crochet Every Single Day,
Boo

p.s. You could easily make a pair while watching TV in one evening. See you tomorrow.