Monday, March 25, 2013

DIMINISHED GIANT DOILY


Hi everyone,
You'll never guess who called me on the phone. SANGEETHA from CROCHETKARI!!! She was calling all the way from India and I got her number so I can call her. I've so enjoyed blogging about crochet this past year, but the friends I've made from all over the world is so fulfilling. I absolutely love her work and then I got to know her and can't say enough about her. You can find her in my sidebar as CROCHETKARI.
I've been flat on my back for over two weeks now and finally get to see the spine doctor tomorrow! So I thought I'd show you what I've managed to do from my bed.
If you go HERE, you will find a pattern for a giant floor doily I've been wanting to make anyway, and thought I could try it out in a smaller version. Here is what happened.








It's a whopping 16" across! I used cabled cotton which is ever so slightly larger than the size 3 cotton thread (in red), but has a twist that unwinds or frays so much easier so its harder to work with. Especially if you are a beginner, I'd suggest the size three.
I'm also working on some headbands, but need hubby to take photos so I can post.
Crochet every single day,
Boo