Friday, November 16, 2012

Petite Trim

Well I've been manic lately. So much so that I have crocheted nearly non-stop for more than a few days. Ideas poured in from my whole universe and I have decided I should stop for a few minutes and share.
I made up this little trim in a strange way. As usual, I didn't have any idea what I was making until I ran out of pink and started with another scrap of off-white.


The middle strip is the reverse or back side.
In case you like it, here is how I did it.
With size 3 crochet cotton and hook size F:
Row 1- ch 3, sc in second ch. *ch 2, sc in second ch from hook*. Repeat from * to* until it is as long as you want it to be or untill you run out of thread. Ch 2, turn.
Row 2- sc in each stitch to next to last stitch from end. In last stitch, insert hook and pull up white, yo and pull through both loops to finish the last sc (Changed colors) then, ch 2 and turn.
Row 3- sc in each st across.
Row -4 (crab stitch) reverse sc across.
That's it! Afterwards, I realized that this is good because you can make it just exactly as long as you want it for a towel, pillowcase, neckline or anything; or you can make miles of it and just sew two parallel lines then cut between the lines and use it like trim yardage to sew on. I think the non-public side is presentable, but of course prefer the right side.
This works up very quickly, and is practically mindless. The pattern would work with any size yarn or thread as long as you use the appropriately sized hook.
I hope you will try it. I'd love to see any pictures of your use of the pattern.
Boo