Sunday, February 26, 2012

Unexpected find

Stumbled across this pattern from an old Coats&Clark project sheet while looking for a pattern to use for my chained-yarn (more on that later).




It was so fast and fun that my trial swatch turned into a lovely scarf. It may be worked side to side or lengthwise. The pattern is for a string poncho (size 3 thread) but I used a scrap of regular worsted and an H hook. I worked it side to side beginning with a chain of 31. *** update, see below*** The pattern then proceeds:
Row 1 (right side) : sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next ch,* ch 6,sk next 4 ch, sc in next 2 ch: rep from * across, turn.
Row 2 : ch 3, sk first sc, dc in next sc *ch 2, sc in next ch-6 sp, ch 2, dc in next 2 sc: rep from * across: turn.
Row 3 : ch 3, sk 1st dc, dc in next dc, * ch 3, sl st in next sc, ch 3, dc in next 2 dc: rep from * across working last dc in top of ch-3: turn.
Row 4 : ch 1, sc in first 2 dc, * ch 4, sc in next 2 dc: rep from * across working last sc in top of ch-3: turn.
Row 5 : ch 1, sc in first 2 sc, * ch 6, sc in next 2 sc: rep from *across: turn.
Rep rows 2-5 for pattern ending with pattern row 4.
Other angles to help you decide if you want to work it across or along. Like most patterns, it is a little slow at first, but then it really takes off.












UPDATE APRIL 3, 2012
I made a mistake! The starting chain must be 33, not 31 as originally stated above. I apologize to anyone this may have driven crazy. Thank you, my real Mother and Sister, for finding this mistake. You know who you are and how much I appreciate you both.
Boo